The reason for the show
Julie is the author of 'I Don't Care About Your Band: What I Learned from Indie Rockers, Trust Funders, Pornographers, Felons, Faux-Sensitive Hipsters, and Other Guys I've Dated' and 'Art Girls Are Easy'.
Television writing credits include 'Billy On the Street', 'Best Week Ever with Paul F. Tompkins' and 'The Big Gay Sketch Show'. Julie has also written pieces for The New York Times, New York Magazine, McSweeney's, Salon, The A.V. Club, Nerve and The Awl. She currently works as a Media Ambassador at Vulture.com, through which she has spoken with such guests as Bob Odenkirk, Patton Oswalt, the Backstreet Boys and her mother, Dr. Ellen Klausner.
Radio / Podcast Appearances
WTF with Marc Maron / The Best Show on WFMU with Tom Scharpling / Comedy Bang! Bang! / Baby Geniuses / Bullseye / Ronna & Beverly / Superego / The Fogelnest Files / Ask Me Another / Sklarboro Country / How Did This Get Made? / Who Charted? / It's That Episode / Wonderful, Thanks / Hot Lips with Ryan Houlihan
- a way with words - Paper Mag
- 6 CREATIVE CAREER LESSONS FROM JULIE KLAUSNER AND "HOW WAS YOUR WEEK?" - Fast Company
- Julie Klausner on Hard Work, Making Stuff, and The Urgency to Be Heard - Creative Live
- Reductress talks to Julie Klausner
- A Conversation with Julie Klausner - The Hairpin
- Julie's birthday is July 3rd.
- She sports perfect big naturals, likes a little dirt in her sandwich and collects both basset hound and owl figurines.
- She recently got a glorious perm and now looks very much like Better Midler in 'The Rose'.
- It should be noted Julie is the only person to ever look cool on a Citi Bike.
- The urbane Bonnie Hunt.
- Music video credits: Ted Leo and the Pharmacists' "Bottled in Cork", The New Pornographers "Moves".
- Julie is not afraid to inject a feminist viewpoint into her opening monologues, which makes her very ballsy.